Residential Railings in Fargo, ND
Residential railings are not only decorative; they enhance security and safety for your home in Fargo, North Dakota. Here at American Security and Gate Company, the city’s top railings fabricator, we offer a broad selection on adornments to make your railing unique and stand out: scepters, spears, rosettes, globes, and medallions.
Custom Made Railings
American Security and Gate Company of Fargo does not settle for run of the mill residential railings. We go the extra mile to produce unique, distinguished products that homeowners will be proud to have installed on their property.
Decorative, sturdy hand railings to complement homes in Fargo, North Dakota.
Residential Railings in Fargo, ND Gallery
Elegant Railings for Homeowners in Fargo, ND
American Security and Gate Company is not merely the top fence contractor in Fargo; we also specialize in products such as railings. Adornments are a wonderful aesthetic touch when fabricating residential railings. Here at American Security and Gate Company of Fargo, our customers select from a variety of spears, scrolls, globes, scepters, medallions, etc. What’s more, our custom iron handrails can be designed and manufactured to complement the specifics of your home. Our in-house team is composed of certified, highly trained industry professionals who know how to shape vinyl and iron for both functionality and elegance.
Residential Railings in Fargo FAQ
When do I need to install residential railings in North Dakota?
Check with your local authorities and codes, but generally speaking, guard railings are required for any surface (patio, stairs, deck, etc.) with a drop off lasting 30 or more inches.
What are the requirements for residential railings in Fargo, North Dakota?
Again, always check your local codes and authority first. But in general:
- Most local codes require heights of 36” for residential and 42” for commercial or multi-family dwellings.
- For both commercial and multi-family residences, you are limited to a maximum opening of 4″ anywhere throughout the railing system.
- Check codes governing the load barring capacity, fail point, of railings. In most cases, residential railings must not deflect more than an inch when two hundred pounds of force is applied vertically and horizontally but not consecutively. This is an issue when using vinyl and cable rail materials.
For fabricating and installing railings, contact a reputable fence company in Fargo, ND. One with a proven history of constructing sturdy residential railings. In addition to helping prevent falls, railings need to be long lasting.
What are stair railing requirements in Fargo, ND?
- Grab rails must be specific in size, profile and location. Typically, these types of railing are 34” above the nose of the stair tread.
- A grab rail should be no larger than two inches in diameter or similar shape. It should be installed with few obstructions, allowing users to safely run their hands up and down the railing.
- One grab rail is required for stairs with widths of 36” or less. Stairs wider than 36″ require more than one grab rail.
- In most cases, commercial railings in Fargo require a one foot horizontal run of railing at the top and bottom of the stairs. This allows users to grab the railing before stepping up or off.
- Handicap railings require a one-foot horizontal and vertical return at each end with a second lower railing allowing people in wheel chairs to reach the railing.
As you can see, codes and requirements are many. For all of these reasons, you should work with a reputable fence contractor in Fargo, ND. In our case, we have 50+ years’ experience designing, fabricating, and installation residential fences. Our staff are highly trained and know their craft inside and out. We can build residential railings according to whatever codes and aesthetics you desire.
Can you custom build residential railings in Fargo, ND?
American Security and Gate Company fabricates thousands of unique railing designs on an annual basis. Check out the process we use for building residential railings:
- First, we provide catalogs and website photos full of residential railings designs for you to review. We further recommend searching the web as railing fabricators and home builders are promoting more and more of their products on-line. Check out King Architectural Metals‘ website for design assistance tools.
- Next, we provide CAD drawings to illustrate the railing before we start making it. These are drawn up by veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers and provide all the necessary details. Details include material selection, dimensions, even a three dimensional view. Always ask to see a CAD drawing before the fabricator starts building your residential railings in Fargo, ND.
- After a design’s been selected, we’ll field review your application. This is because all custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site.
- From here, a team of five certified welders start putting your railing together. Custom metals products are fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. (AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.)
- Choose from hundreds of color samples and paint applications. The most popular and widely used are the following:
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) is the most popular paint application process. HVLP is especially helpful for getting paint into tight corners and angles. This wet paint application should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static charges paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. The applied paint’s immediately attracted to metal surfaces, providing a consistent coating with no overspray. The Electro-Static process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as this process is less efficient at getting paint into tight corners and difficult angles.
- Powder Coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to the surface of metal products. Powder is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, resulting in a tough, baked-on coating.
- Galvanizing leaves a shiny silver coating, using a zinc-rich finish to seal the surface from rust and corrosion.While an excellent application for preventing rust, most paint applications do not adhere to a shiny galvanized finish unless brush blasting has been applied ahead of time.
Thanks to our 50+ years of experience, American Security and Gate Company is the top choice for designing, fabricating, and installing residential railings in Fargo, ND. Functionality, longevity, aesthetic appeal — all of these are needs/qualities we recognize and strive for.