Commercial Railings in Fargo, ND
Being the top fence contractor in Fargo means expanding our services to include other products. Railing adornments — medallions, rosettes, globes, scepters, scrolls — contribute to a property’s aesthetic appeal.
Custom Made Railings
The leading fence contractor in Fargo, American Security and Gate Company’s expert staff and custom fabrication equipment means we can fashion virtually any design imaginable. If you have a vision for an elegant, one of a kind commercial railing, simply contact us. Our trustworthy staff will collaborate with you to convert your vision into a reality.
Ornate hand railings to boost your property’s appeal. Not just any Fargo fence contractor offers these services.
Commercial Railings – Gallery
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN FARGO, ND OVERVIEW
Creating the perfect commercial railing is not a one-man operation. It requires teams of certified industry experts to fashion something that is not only functional but aesthetically appealing. Here at American Security and Gate Company of Fargo, we employ computer aided designers, trained fabricators, and installers — working with you to pinpoint the ideal design for your property and construct it to last. We offer a number of excellent adornments for your commercial railings: spears, scrolls, rosettes, globes, medallions, and more. When you have design in mind, contact us and we’ll help make this vision a reality!
COMMERCIAL RAILINGS IN FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA FAQ
What commercial properties require railings in Fargo?
If you have a deck, stairs, patio, or general surface with a thirty inch or more drop off, you’ll most likely be required to install commercial railings. Check your local codes and authority.
What are the size requirements for commercial railings?
- For residential properties, most codes require heights of 36”.
- 42” are generally required for commercial or dwellings that house multiple families.
- You are limited to a maximum opening of 4″ anywhere throughout the railing system.
- Codes exist that govern load barring capacity and railing fail points. A commercial railing in Fargo must not deflect more than an inch when two hundred pounds of force is applied vertically and horizontally but not consecutively. This tends to be an issue with vinyl and cable rail materials.
To ensure that you get a railing that fits all requirements and still functions properly, we strong recommend hiring a contractor with a proven track record building and installing commercial railings. In the case of our company, we’ve been industry more than 50 years!
What are the stair railing requirements in Fargo, ND?
- Grab rails must be specific in size, profile and location — in most cases, approximately 34” above the nose of the stair tread.
- Grab rails should be no larger than two inches in diameter or similar shape and installed with few obstructions, allowing users to safely run their hands up and down the railing.
- Stairs 36” or less in width require one grab rail, whereas wider stairs require more than one grab rail.
- In most cases, commercial railings require a one foot horizontal run of railing at the top and bottom of the stairs. This allows the user to grab the railing before stepping up or off.
- Handicap railings require a one foot horizontal and vertical return at each end with a second lower railing allowing people in wheel chairs to reach the railing.
Can American Security and Gate Company of Fargo custom build railings?
Yes. Being the top fence and railing company in Fargo, North Dakota, we’ve assembled thousands of different railing designs during our 50+ years in operation. For building railings, we use the following process.
- We offer a selection of catalogs and website photos of railings designs for you to review in designing your railing. We also recommend that you search the web as railing fabricators and home builders are promoting more and more of their products on-line. A popular railing accessory provider, King Architectural Metals, has an excellent website with several design assistance tools and views.
- Three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers will provide a CAD drawing of your railing. Always demand a CAD view of your railing before allowing anyone to build your railing. If your first glimpse of your new railing is only after it’s been built and installed, you run the risk of being let down. CAD views provide details including material selection, necessary dimensions, and even a three dimensional view.
- Once you have selected a commercial railing design, a field review of your application is performed. Custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site. It is easy to overlook little site details such as base trim, carpet to tile, set-backs and reveals, etc. that only a professional fabricator will be keen to notice.
- Your product will be built to the highest standards by our expert Fargo railing welders. Custom metals products should be fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.
- With our inventory of hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we’ll collaborate with you in selecting colors for your commercial railings in Fargo, ND. The most popular and widely used paint applications consist of the following:
- HVLP. High volume low pressure paint process offers the benefit of getting paint into tight corners and angles. It is a wet paint application that should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static. This wet paint application charges the paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. When the paint is applied it is immediately attracted to the metal surface, providing a very consistent coating with no overspray. This process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as electro-static paint is difficult to get into tight corners and angles.
- Powder Coating. Powder coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It is powder that is applied to the fence and then melted in an oven, creating a baked-on tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Galvanizing leaves your fence with a shiny silver coating and seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
American Security and Gate Company of Fargo settles for nothing less than top-notch materials and installation expertise. You can count on us to install your commercial railings on time.